Saturday, May 31, 2008

It's beginning.....

While my nephew is not my son....he still has a special place in my heart....after you have guided a child through their preschool years and have had them by the collar of their shirt at age 16 reminding them in love that God has a plan for their lives and that had better not allow some girl to mess it up.....they have earned a special place. So he graduated tonight and for me it is the beginning of the end.....for you see my daughter will graduate from high school next year no doubt with honors.

She will graduate and move on. Part of me is so excited for her. She has her whole life ahead of her....she will discover what God wants her to do with all the wisdom and determination she has been given. She will fall in love for the first time and perhaps get her heart broken. She will have many successes and hopefully for her sake few failures.

My kids take me to the gates of hell some days....and God knows I seek peace and a few moments to myself....and hoard my peace on a daily basis....but my daughter is going to graduate and move on in 358 days......

Granted her room will not be a mess....but neither will she be in it. She will not be arguing with her siblings...but I won't hear her everyday. She won't be wearing my shoes (nor will I be wearing hers) or "borrowing" my panties (gross)...but she won't be here to kiss good night.

So as the tears run down my face I am asking God to grant us some peace in this house so that we may enjoy our last year together as a family......

No comments: