Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Zman's First Day of Fifth Grade

Well, today begins a school year of first and lasts for our family. Today Zman started his first day of 5th grade. He was excited to start....not so excited to have his picture taken, so I had to get these two on the sly with my camera phone while we were walking up to the school.


He is not happy with the pictures, but that is what happens when you do not cooperate with a mom. He has a man teacher for the first time ever. He told me this morning that he was a little nervous because it ends his streak with lady teachers.

When I picked him up he was happy and seemed to be impressed with his teacher. He said he was funny and made them laugh a lot. Take it from this teacher you always laugh a lot on the first day. I think it will be good for him to have a strong teacher (this is the mans rep) it will help him stay within his boundaries.

My youngest daughter will be the only one in our family at her school....at first for her. I hope it helps her build her confidence and learn how to represent:)

My oldest son will be a freshman...not sure if he'll let me take his pictures...I may have to bribe him with a ride the first day of school. As I type he is at jv football practice...OMG!!! I have a son old enough to be on the football team....girls be warned I am a little off and you had better not even think about looking at my son that way.......

Finally.....my daughter who will turn 17 in two days (sniffle) is going to be a high school senior. Today I made the appointment for her senior portraits...SNIFFLE. She has narrowed her degree path(s) down to a double major in media and public relations, and a minor in social work and business...for real. My wonderful daughter cannot make up her mind and to be honest this is narrowing it down...you should have seen the list before. Lord, help us find a school that has all that she is seeking...except for boys...no need for any of those.

So my family is definitely entering a new era.....they tell me I will miss them when they are gone....I have denied it with all that is in me....but today I see that they may be right.

No comments: