Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend..

I had a very relaxing weekend! Friday morning the kids and I went to the beach with Auntie Carolyn and her kids. Auntie Carolyn is Uncle Mike's wife, who is Rick's best friend. They have been friends since kindergarten and they have been stationed out here for 5 years now...they say they're not staying but they bought a house last year:) For awhile we were next door neighbors and that was cool....having them here is like having a piece of home here.

Anyway we went to Nimitz Beach out at Barbers Point. This was a new beach for us...we prefer Bellows beach....but it is on the other side of the island and both of us live out in the we are tired of driving. I love this a matter of fact we are going there again this Saturday. The kids climbed all over the tide pools and an old bunker...leaving us in peace. It is so great that they are old enough to go explore and have fun....without having us right there.

Auntie Carolyn and I sat on the beach and soaked up the rays and when the teens girls were too close for comfort we grabbed the boogie boards and jumped in the water.

I was relaxing so much I didn't even take my camera out...unusual for me! I will do better next Saturday.

Then we went home, I made cookies (by the way cake mix cookies are my new favorite), jumped in the shower and we went to another friends house. I played cards and almost won...shucks! I ate yummy bbq and cake mix cookies. But Diva 2 wasn't feeling great so I brought her and the boys home and climbed into bed with a good book.

The next morning after prayer at church I ran to Costco and then to the garage to get my truck inspected...after all my inspection sticker expired in DECEMBER. I went in February and realized I didn't have my insurance card. Then I had my surgery and forgot...until a nice MP pulled me over at Tripler. Then I had to find my insurance card which apparently did not want to be found. Then I attempted to go get a copy made....the place was always closed. So finally last week I called them and asked them to send me another one...and Sat I dragged myself to the garage and had it I don't have to worry about getting pulled I just have to go to the registry and register the jag...its registration was due in June...hey I'm a busy lady!

Anyway, I went home did some laundry, took a shower, and put my jammies 2:30 in the afternoon. I then spent the rest of the day on the couch clearing out two months of CSI...all of them, Grey's Anatomy, Without a Trace, and Army Wives. My kids thought I was nuts......but whatever! I now know who got shot, who got back I have to wait for the new season to begin!

Sunday morning was church, of course and then I came home and took a nice nap on the couch...woke up, read my book, and watched Army Wives...I even cooked dinner. Then I went to bed.

It was soooo very relaxing...I was mad last night that I had looked forward to my holiday weekend and then bam it was over! I hate when that happens!


Miss Hope said...

I'm glad you had a great holiday.I agree...the good stuff ends way too quickly some times!

Mellie said...

I can't believe I had to work all freaking weekend. I sooo want to go to the beach this Saturday!