Thursday, April 16, 2009

I am finished

I can't even think of a title for this post.........lol

I finished my last class for my BS this week. I only took it three times. It wasn't a hard class...especially the second and third times because i just cut and pasted all my work:) But every time it came down to the last week something happened (I believe a broken nose and pneumonia) and I couldn't get the final paper done. So, I wrote it and went to hand it in Monday....and I couldn't access the class online for some reason. So I panicked for a couple of minutes and then realized I had the instructors email address...so I emailed it....there was no way I was taking that class again!

The paper was an argumentative paper....Women on United States Submarines. Of course I argued against it. Not because I don't trust my husband.....mainly because of the lifestyle it requires and the danger of the females not being able to receive medical care quick enough if they were on mission....because on surface ships women have to be transported off the ships for medical reasons at rates more than double of men. Sometimes on mission you make do with what ya got and I don't think we should put the health of our service women at risk just to say they have equal rights. My other strong argument was the right now the sub force is operating as a dysfunctional family and adding women to the picture is like a couple contemplating divorce having a baby....

So, tonight I have found myself at odds without the pressure of homework needing to be done...for the first time in two years.....I am thinking about going for my masters in educational psychology. I really like to learn....I just hate taking nonsense courses that have no bearing on my degree. We will see if I can get Rick to re-enlist for 4 years instead of 3 years so I can use his GI Bill.

Oh yeah...Hope you will love this one....we had orders but they may change....that is all I am going to say.

Britt seems to have listened to the voice of reason...and of God:) and is at least considering going to HPU on her full ride scholarship. If God opens the door for her to have a full ride somewhere else, I will send her off with my blessing.....or if God says she needs to go somewhere else...of course it will be with my blessing.

Today I had to go to Party City for some things and I walked down the Graduation Aisle and picked some things up for her party...and started to cry...sigh...she is a grown up now and if she wanted to could leave my house very soon...and there would be nothing I could do about it. I have to believe that God's Word is true....Train a child up in the way he should go and he will not depart from it.

Her cap and gown will be in Tuesday...right on time for her Senior pictures Tuesday afternoon. Saturday we have to go shopping for a prom dress......

Tomorrow night is the Sub Ball. My dress is hanging upstairs and I have appointments all day tomorrow to hook me up. Then we will sit in traffic for a bajillion years...to eat yicky food:) I am praying we don't have to sit at the command table...I want to have some fun.

Joshua is turning 15 Saturday...wow he is right behind Britt....my baby boy will be 15...I think I may cry myself to sleep tonight.

On that note I am finished.....

1 comment:

Miss Hope said...

LOL...yeah, I love that one. Wait til you see what I gotta say later on this week!!! (grin)