Friday, April 10, 2009

Catching up....

Well, here it is Good Friday morning and I am crashed on the couch in my pj's trying to put off writing my last paper:( I am also doing a load or two of laundry, running the dishwasher and directing children here and there....



So what is going on around here?



Well, we finally got Rick's orders and while they are not the exact orders he wanted (the orders he wanted were not in his rate which at this point in the ANAV world is impossible) they are not bad orders. A E9 billet at Subpac with no sea time.....which is what we were really trying to avoid. So now he can head over to Navy campus and get registered for the class and preparing himself to retire:)


Britt is still wrestling with where to go to school, but all I can do is pray.


We went to an awards ceremony for the Presidential Scholarship Monday evening and on the way over there I thought I was going to explode!!! Here I was sitting with Rick and Brittany driving down the highway with both of them asking me questions about what they were going to do with their future. Each time I gave an answer BOTH of them had a but what if, maybe, I don't know response. I have been going through this with the two of them for 6 months and I was at my breaking point. I told them that they were driving me crazy and that they were so much alike I was going to start calling both of them Rickany (Rick and Brittany combined) Now, that the Rick part of Rickany has made some progress I need to work on the other one. Dude....I have to do this with three more kids....they better remember me on Mothers Day!!!

I am loving my job, although I did apply for the same job with the Army making $10000 more a year. Not because I don't like my job...because it pays more money. We will see how it pans out. I don't want to leave my job....but we need to do all we can to prepare for retirement.

This weekend I am finishing the final paper of my BS and then I am taking six months off before I start my Masters in Educational Psychology. I need a break from writing papers and all that comes with going to school.



I am also getting ready to speak at the church's Mothers day conference. I have my topic and I am working on it. But really gets me is all the junk that the devil tries to throw the in my face.......



First this week my daughter tells me she is getting collection calls from Menehune water.....apparently the account that the school (the preschool I worked at and helped open) opened in her name had not been paid since July......so I called the water people to get to the bottom of the whole thing. Then I text my old partner, because to be honest I really don't want to have anything to do with her.....I forgive her, I just don't want to have anything to do with her and because calling her would have an open invitation for her to argue with me....something I do not plan on engaging in. So I sent the text telling her that I closed the account and they would be coming to pick up the water cooler and asking when this matter would be resolved. She responded....Thanks for the Call...the matter has been resolved. Why can she not understand that I am done, and don't want anything to do with her? I mourn the passing of our friendship, but I cannot resurrect the friendship because it would not be a healthy thing for me. I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO HER!!!!



Now I am dealing with people who think that they are better than others and that the rest of us are morons....be real people....don't you get a nose bleed sitting up on your high horse? When you have to get off and deal with the rest of the commoners do you feel like you are dealing with people beneath you? I'm just asking?!?!

So that's what's going on around here in a nutshell.

1 comment:

DaBlairs said...

I'm soooo proud of you for the way you deal with everything. The things that totally blow me away, you just take in stride wonder woman. I wish I was going to be there for May's conference - any chance they'll record it??