Thursday, May 28, 2009

Superfriend.....

I have been listening to the Mary Mary Mary The Sound CD and there is a song that has really ministered to me on there. Superfriend. It talks about how friends will always let you down...well....lets face it because we are human:) But there is one friend who will never let you down and He has already paid the price for your freedom....that's what I call a SUPERFRIEND.

I want to clarify that some of our friends don't let us down on purpose...because real friends don't do it as a conscious thought...and sometime they don't even know they have done it. You may realllllyyyyy need a friend, so you call them up...and maybe themselves are having a bad day...so when they respond to you they are responding from their current position or funk....without thinking that you may reallllyyyy need them right then. This doesn't make them a bad friend....it makes them human.

So this is what happened to me this week. I got some news that I didn't want to hear ....news I was hoping would be other than it was and there are few people outside of my husband I would have shared the news with. So I called one and for whatever reason she was funky and busy so I just told her to call me when she had a chance....then I cried and talked to Jesus all the way home in rush hour traffic.

So here's the deal.....and I am not saying we should have low standards concerning our friends or that we should expect the worse from them. But when they don't meet the friendship need for that moment we need to remember that our friends here on earth are human and have bad days. We need to remember that we have a friend that is better than anyone here on earth...one who has given more than humanly possible...

1 comment:

DaBlairs said...

I just saw this entry. I'm not a very good friend in most ways, but I love you more than even I thought was possible, and I thank God for bringing me such a wonderful person. You know when I'm stupid and dense, you really should tell me because I am after all, stupid and dense.